The Nobleman hall, the city theater, the Orthodox Theological Seminary, the Male Religious School, the Museum of Podillia Historical and Archaeological Society, the art gallery, all of these institutions were located in a building on the east side of the Armenian market square. The building was built during 1789–1790 for the Unitarian chapter and the Seminary school. In 1793 Podillia became a part of the Greater Russian Empire. Kamianets-Podilskyi became a provincial center, and the building during those times was used as a place for meetings for the nobility of Podillia. In September 1798 Anton Zmievskyi rented the building for 3 years that served as his private theater. During those years, various plays of Russian and Polish authors were being presented on Anton Zmievskyi’s private theater stage. In 1805 after long disputes between the city and the church authorities over the ownership of the building, a separate department, known as the department of religious affairs during those times became the rightful owner of the property.
As part of reconstruction project, previous premises and main entrance from the square side were restored, the balcony on the consoles and, original hipped roof, with a special interception were also built. The house became an academic building of Kamianets-Podilskyi Theological Seminary and the seminary remained there until 1865. After the Theological Seminary vacated the building, a male religious school moved in to the building. One of the first students of Kamianets-Podilskyi Seminary was Mikhail Dostoevsky, the father of the great Russian writer Fyodor Dostoievskyi. Famous poet-democrat Stepan Rudanskyi also studied here. Inspired by the works of Taras Shevchenko, he wrote his first few ballads "Vechornytsi", "Rozmai", "Willow", "Ghoul" in the Seminary. Ukrainian writer and the author of the novel "Liuboratski " Anatolyi Svidnitskyi has also left his fond memories about studying in the Seminary in his writings. One of the first art galleries in the region is also located here. There are more than three hundred paintings, drawings and sculptures in the art gallery’s halls. These exhibits are a small portion of all the work the Historical Museum-Reserve has done in gathering such works of arts in the last 90 years. This historical and architectural monument remains as one of the major cultural centers of Podillia.