The village of Kytaihorod is located in the Kamianets-Podilskyi district (raion), and is situated on the banks of the river Ternavka. Its name is conformable with the name of the district in Moscow which isn’t an accident.
Historians believe that this village is the birthplace of Elena Glinska, the wife of the Russian Tsar and Grand Prince of Moscow, Vasily III and who was also the mother of the Russian Tsar Ivan the Terrible. Kytaihorod was first mentioned in the chronicles in 1507, when it belonged to Andrew Pototskyi. Later his son Stanislav Pototskyi assembled the family castle on the bank of Ternavka. It was located near the ancient route that linked the Carpathian region and Poland with the Black Sea region and the Balkans. Different owners often rebuilt the castle and in the end the manor of local landowner was built on its foundation. In 1772–1776,the Orthodox Church was built in the village. Its exterior combined two styles – the Renaissance and the Baroque.
Kytaihorod wall or delamination is a geological monument of universal value and makes Kytaihorod famous. In fact, the steep bank of the river is an outcrop of almost all rock layers, which was formed in the Silurian geological epoch. The total area of delamination is about 60 hectares.